Written by Tanya Boigenzan Sowards.
ParaYoga is rooted in ancient science. In fact, while doing a ParaYoga® practice you may not realize you're doing something special until the practice is over. That's often when we experience a quality of ease, enthusiasm, and fullness that helps to distinguish it from any other practice.
The 6 Gems© of ParaYoga®
How do we convey to the masses what we are doing? Our approach is rooted in the Six Gems©. These synthesize the whole of ancient Vedic and Tantric teachings that unlock “supreme” accomplishment in practice and life.
These are the short definitions:
1. Sva Dharma (Individual destiny or fulfillment) – realizing your individual destiny, who and what you were meant to be.
2. Tantra (Limitless) – self-mastery, thriving in all aspects of life, becoming whole and integrated enough so we can achieve “continuity”.
3. Vidya (Science) – the science, systematic framework and approach to gain that fulfillment.
4. Agni (Fire) – the force of creation, the source and power of transformation, the fire of self-knowledge, all-pervading intelligence, Shakti. Agni is that which reveals, that which allows us to see and be seen.
5. Sri (Resplendent) – experiencing life as beauty and goodness. Progression from individual destiny to ultimate outcome to experience life as beauty and goodness. Love, respect and appreciation for life and its source.
6. Parampara (From One to Another, tradition) – authenticity of the teachings, power of a living tradition, and illumination of others in the world, from your own.
reprinted from http://www.devanadiyoga.com/about_para.html